Job Opportunity – Technical Project Coordinator
Title: Technical Project Coordinator
Reports to: Opex Director
Location: Market Harborough
Opex Consulting is a highly experienced and professional Facilities Management consultancy company delivering Facilities Management projects for clients throughout both the UK and EMEA. We focus strongly on adding value to our clients business, using our skills to deliver successful project outcomes.
We trace our roots back to 1999 now being an established professional Facilities Management Consultancy that is known widely in the FM and Property market sectors for delivery of high-quality service delivery and adding client value. Over many years we have undertaken specialist facilities management consultancy commissions, across a broad range of FM and Property requirements.
At Opex, you will get the opportunity to work for a boutique Management Consultancy business focused on providing market-leading Facilities Management Consultancy support to blue-chip clients such as Universities, Asda, Meridiam, Multiplex, Bovis Lend Lease, BAM, Engie, HCP, Pario, and Equitix, as well as Public sector bodies such as HMRC, NHS, Councils and Government departments.
Requirements of the Technical Project Coordinator
The primary role of the Technical Project Coordinator is to provide support in the delivery of client Technical projects to the agreed quality, budget, and timescale but also offers excellent scope for career progression and development.
- 1-2 years experience after graduation or completion of education, ideally gained in a commercial Property/FM, Construction, Engineering, Building, Surveying project environment or from an engineering or Science background
- Computer literacy – Microsoft suite Word/PowerPoint/Excel (VBA experience beneficial)
- Strong logic and numeric capability, data analysis and interpretation
- Analytical and logical thinker with an understanding and interest in the built environment.
Responsibilities of the Technical Project Coordinator
- To support Project/Technical Managers with the management, delivery of all project requirements.
- To provide project management support to ensure that projects are delivered on time and in accordance with agreed cost and quality.
- To create, manage and update project programmes using Smartsheet/MS Project as necessary.
- To carry out technical and commercial data analysis and research data sources as necessary to support key projects.
- To carry out MS Excel data management and manipulation including but not limited to financial, technical and performance data.
- To update project reports and develop KPIs for managing performance.
- To support the preparation of project presentations.
- To act as Project Lead organising and delivering smaller consultancy projects, supported by senior consultants when required.
Why Opex Consulting
Opex is a growing consultancy which offers the chance to get involved early in the growth cycle. Opex fosters a collaborative environment, free from corporate politics, we work hard to deliver excellence to our clients, and you can be part of that excellence. Opex is a growing consultancy that offers the chance to develop with and within a flexible quick-paced company.
The candidates we are looking for will have an interest in the built environment. That interest might be around, new cutting-edge design, maintaining old historic architecture, or protecting the environment and limiting negative influencing factors to only name a few. The important factor is that an interest in the built environment is there.
The background to good FM Consultants can be varied, depending on the role. One company director comes from Material Sciences, another from Physics and one employee comes from Automotive Engineering. However, for the more technical roles within the business around M&E, a background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and Maintenance is important and very beneficial as the work they carry out is technical in nature.
Reference ID: Tech Proj Coord 02
Expected start date: 06/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our offices are in serviced accommodation who manage most of the covid requirements. In addition we will undertake good practice workspace risk assessments as required.
- Project Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Good English (required)
If you’d like to apply for the Technical Project Coordinator position please contact: Adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org Have a look at our other jobs we’re currently hiring for by visiting our news page here. Alternatively you can find our job listings on indeed.com.