Job Opportunity – Project Manager – Mechanical & Electrical
Title: Project Manager – Mechanical & Electrical
Reports to: Opex Director
Location: Market Harborough
The primary role of the Project Manager is to manage projects (primarily Technical Mechanical and Electrical) with oversight through entire execution as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- To ensure that project files are maintained electronically whilst also ensuing processes and reporting mechanisms for managing project issues, highlighting, and escalating risk.
- To develop effective measures and metrics for monitoring project progress continuously and make detailed schedule reports on measurable items such as milestones and deliverables.
- To manage project risk in terms of cost and time and liaise with the client, as necessary.
- To review proposed modifications of project plans including meeting with stakeholders to approve and implement proposed changes.
- To ensure projects are delivered on time and in accordance with agreed cost and quality
- To create, manage and update project programmes using Smartsheet/MS Project
- To ensure that appropriate information and data is gathered from key stakeholders and clients.
- To analyse technical data and source data as necessary to support key projects and deliver service to the client.
- To provide input for technical project presentations and anticipate details of future projects and works by maintaining direct communication with the client and staying informed of activity.
- To ensure all project activity is in accordance with Opex standards and ISO Quality Management systems
- To act as Project Lead organising and delivering smaller consultancy projects, supported by external Consultants/Associates when required
- To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by Directors, Consultants and appointed Sub-Consultant managers.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline the responsibilities of the job but these may change in line with the operational needs of the business needs and will be subject to periodic review.
As a small growing business, employees are expected to be flexible and take on tasks that are reasonably requested but may sit outside of their job description.
Background and Education
Background or interest in Property/Building/Facilities Management/Technical – M & E Engineering
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Facilities/Project Management, Construction, Engineering discipline
- Possible Project Management methodology – gained within an ISO Quality Management environment
Experience & Skills
- Up to 5 years of experience ideally gained in a commercial Property/FM, Construction, Engineering, Maintenance sector ideally in a Technical Healthcare environment
- Computer literacy – Microsoft suite Word/PowerPoint/Excel (VBA experience beneficial)
- Strong numeric capability, data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – report writing
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to influence through leveraging of relationships.
- Experience in managing expectations of clients and to identify new business opportunities.
- Flexible attitude
- Team player – ability to integrate in a team.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and committed to personal career development and CPD
- Methodical – attention to detail and highly organised
- Problem solver
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £34,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
If you’d like to apply for the Project manager – mechanical & electrical position please contact: Adrian at email@example.com Have a look at our other jobs we’re currently hiring for by visiting our news page here. Alternatively you can find our job listings on indeed.com.