Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Opex Director
Location: Market Harborough
At Opex, you will get the opportunity to work for a boutique Management Consultancy business focused on providing market-leading Facilities Management Consultancy support to blue-chip clients such as Universities, Asda, Meridiam, Multiplex, Bovis Lend Lease, BAM, Engie, HCP, Pario, and Equitix, as well as Public sector bodies such as HMRC, NHS, Councils and Government departments.
The Opex team is the company – there is no corporate politics, and we work hard to deliver excellence to our clients, and you can be part of that excellence. Opex is a growing consultancy which offers the chance to get involved early in the growth cycle.
The primary role of the Project Coordinator is to provide support in the delivery of client Technical projects to the agreed quality, budget, and timescale but also offers excellent scope for career progression and development.
- To set up and maintain electronically project files, project issues logs, risk logs and reporting mechanisms.
- To support Project/Technical Managers with the management, delivery of all project requirements
- To develop effective measures and metrics for managing project activity and highlight areas of risk in terms of cost and time.
- To provide project management support to ensure that projects are delivered on time and in accordance with agreed cost and quality.
- To create, manage and update project programmes using Smartsheet/MS Project as necessary
- To request and gather information from key stakeholders and clients.
- To carry out technical and commercial data analysis and research data sources asnecessary to support key projects.
- To carry out MS Excel data management and manipulation including but not limited tofinancial, technical and performance data.
- To update project reports and develop KPIs for managing performance.
- To support the preparation of project presentations
- To ensure all activity is in accordance with Opex standards and ISO Quality requirements
- To manage and monitor spend against the project budget and allocate costs.
- To act as Project Lead organising and delivering smaller consultancy projects, supported bysenior consultants when required.
- To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by Directors, Consultants andappointed Sub-Consultant managers.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline the responsibilities of the job but these may change in line with the operational needs of the business needs and will be subject to periodic review.
As a small growing business, employees are expected to be flexible and take on tasks that are reasonably requested but may sit outside of their job description.
Background and Education
Background or interest in Property/Building/Facilities Management/Technical – M & E Engineering
Degree or equivalent in Business Studies, Facilities Management, Construction, Engineering discipline
Experience & Skills
- Up to 2 years experience after graduation ideally gained in a commercial Property/FM, Construction, Engineering, Building, Surveying project environment.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft suite Word/PowerPoint/Excel (VBA experience beneficial)
- Strong logic and numeric capability, data analysis and interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience in managing expectations of clients.
- Flexible attitude
- Team player – ability to integrate in a team,
- Self-motivated, self-starter and committed to personal career development and CPD. Methodical – attention to detail and highly organised
- Problem solver
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
If you’d like to apply for the Project Coordinator position please contact: Adrian at firstname.lastname@example.org Have a look at our other jobs we’re currently hiring for by visiting our news page here. Alternatively you can find our job listings on indeed.com.